I recently attended my lovely grandson Stephen’s wedding to his gorgeous partner Ella, in Queensland. While I was there I stayed at the Montville Mountain Inn Resort.
I booked the accomodation through Booking.com. The Hotel was reasonably priced at $378 for two nights, Friday and Saturday (5-6 June 2018(.
On Friday afternoon my grandaughter Rowena and friend of the family, Jes, drove up to Montville in Jes’s new VW Golf. Have to say I am really impressed with the car, the drive was very smooth and comfortable. It turned out that Rowena and Jes had also booked into the Montville Mountain Inn. Resort. We ended up with rooms next to each other, which was handy for popping in and out for a chat.
The beauty of the location of the Montville Mountain Inn is that it is right in the town centre, and next door to the Monteville Bar & Grill. I didn’t eat there, however, I did go in and check out the menu.I also have it on good authority that the meals are excellent. My family had dined there for Mothers day and there were no complaints about the food or the service. So if you are in Monteville be sure to stop by the Montville Bar & Grill for a meal.
Check in was quick and easy and the receptionist was friendly and helpful, providing each of us with free wifi passes to cover our stay.
Our rooms were at the bottom of the resort, overlooking the tennis court and swimming pool. The area is very quiet and the serenity is only broken by the sounds of birds and rustling trees. The location is great if you are looking for a quiet break.
Montville Mountain Inn Resort Amenities
- This is the unit I stayed in. Outside each unit is a table and two chairs. Ideal to have a few quiet moments reflection, read a book and enjoy a coffee break.
- The flowers were just beautiful. I love the deep purple colour of these petunias.
- Already mentioned – Free WIFI
Queen Sized Beds
- The mattress was quite firm, a little firmer that I am used to, but I managed to get a good nights sleep.
- The pillows were a nice medium firmness.
- The clock radio is mounted in the bedside table.
- The reverse cycle air-con worked well and wasn’t noticeably noisy.
Just past the wardrobe is the kitchen are the following items:
- A small fridge
- Jug to boil water for tea and coffee, and an assortment of teas and coffees.
- Cutlery and crockery
In the wardrobe are the items such as:
- Luggage holder
- Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- NO SAFE. One of the things that is a pet peeve of mine. I like to have a safe in the room to store things I don’t want to take with me all the time, such as the ipad.
- The tv was situated in a cabinet in the lounging area.
- On the right as you come in the door is the breakfast hatch.
- Breakfast is really reasonably priced and is delivered to your room.
- The towels were nice and thick.
- Conditioning shampoo and hand soap were provided.
- The water pressure was very good and there was lots of hot water.
- The exhaust fan doesn’t turn on with the light. To start with I couldn’t find the exhaust fan switch, however I finally found it on the far wall opposite the door.
The room was very comfortable and clean. There is a daily maid service to straighten up the room.
What are Some of the Other Amenities Available?
- Laundry facilities are available on request
- Fax/photocopying services for a small fee
- Onsite ATM
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms.
- Free off-street parking
- Lush rain forest surroundings
Activities Available Onsite
- Protected tennis court
- Utensils for the bar-b-cue are available at reception
Saltwater Swimming Pool
- There are sun loungers and beach chairs around the pool
- Pool and beach towels are available
I can honestly say I enjoyed my stay at the Montville Mountain Inn Resort and would recommend the hotel to those who are attending a function in and around the Montville area. It’s in an excellent location, and very reasonably priced.
The shopping is close by, including an IGA if you decide to cook in the unit. On the second Saturday of each month you can visit the Montville Growers and Makers Market in the village hall, where you will find stalls selling locally grown produce and home made products.