I’m a blogger who loves to travel and because I blog while I travel, I like to take a backpack with me that holds my laptop. It’s what I take onto the plane with me since I don’t want to store it with my checked in baggage and I use the backpack as a day pack when sightseeing.
In the past, I have used a PacSafe anti-theft backpack and let me say that it is awesome. It has lasted multiple trips over many years and is still going strong. However, PacSafe backpacks aren’t that cheap and if you are on a budget, you might be looking for something a little more cost effective. With that in mind, I found an absolute bargain. The backpack I am going to tell you about is rated highly with 5 stars on Amazon! Everyone seems to love it.
So if you travel and you are on a budget this might be the backpack for you.
So the backpack in question is the Onson Anti Theft Laptop backpack. So what induced me to pick this backpack? Well it has a lot of great features, it’s inexpensive and it’s also a great bag not only for travel, but for business or college. But lets start at the beginning.
- The backpack is quite roomy, the external measurements are: 18.11” x 12.2” x 7.87” (46 x 31 x 20 cm), so it will take a laptop measuring 15.6” x 8.68”x 0.79” (43.2 x 22 x 2 cm). This is ideal for me as I have a laptop that fits this perfectly.
What’s it Made From
- It’s made from water resistant/water repellent polyester. This is a must if you are heading off to areas that are damp and steamy. So at least you know that your things will stay dry, bear in mind it is water resistant not water proof, so don’t go dropping it in a river.
- Being made from polyester means the backpack is easy to clean and it’s durable. It also has a polyester lining, so doubly water resistant.
What does it Weigh
- Now for women, weight is a factor and so this was another consideration. It weighs just 0.75 kg / 1.66 lbs. So pretty lightweight.
Is it Comfortable?
- Comfort is another thing you need to consider, and the Onson backpack has a padded back panel and adjustable “S” curve shoulder strap for extra back support and comfort.
- The straps are adjustable from 15.7” to 36.2” (40 -92 cm), helpful if you are that bit taller.
Additional Awesome Features
So that’s the basic stuff, now let’s get onto the additional awesome features such as the multiple compartments.
- The backpack has 3 main pockets & 9 small inner pockets, 2 sealed side pockets, so it’s easy to keep your items well organised. There are separate areas for your laptop, iPhone, iPad, pen, keys, wallet, books, clothes, water bottles and so much more.
- There is an external USB charging port with a built in charging cable which lets you recharge your electronic devices – anywhere. So you keep your backup battery in the bag and charge your device through the external USB port.
- The backpack also has an audio port so you can keep your phone or MP3 player inside the backpack but you have external access to the headphone which makes it easy for you to listen to your music and audiobooks while hiking.
- There is a dual access zipper with an anti-theft design that gives you easy access to the backpack interior and it increases the safety aspect.
- Now, there are two colours – grey and black – and they each have slightly different features.
- The black backpack has a small detachable lock, which some people on Amazon have complained about.
- So you could simply replace it with a better quality lock.
- The grey backpack has a zipper on one of the straps which gives you easy access to transit passes, ID’s and credit cards etc. It also has a different lock to the black backpack. The grey one has a built in lock.
So it’s really a matter of preference on your part which features you would prefer. I’ve decided on the grey backpack.
Onson are so confident with the quality of their products that they offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. So if you’re not absolutely happy with your backpack simply contact them to return the item for a full refund. They also offer a 1 year warranty for any issue and especially for common issues such as the lock setting. So it’s nice to know you have that added support if you need it.
Where Can You Buy the Onson Anti-Theft Backpack?
Amazon have the best deal on this with a price under $30. Click here to read more and check out the glowing reviews.