After a rather long day having set out from our Hawaii hotel at 5am, and finally arriving at The Hollywood Celebrity Hotel at around 6pm we were just looking forward to having a shower and having a cup of tea.
Paula had already advised me not to expect too much from the hotel as it was only 2 star. So it was nice to be pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
The check in process was quick and easy, and the receptionist was friendly. The foyer has pictures of stars and some comfortable chairs to sit while you wait for transport and it is spotlessly clean and well kept for a two star hotel.
Our room (#106) is on the first floor right next to the breakfast bar and on the first evening a group of very loud people seemed to be having a sort of trivial pursuit contest. We would recommend that if you have a problem with noise that you request a room on one of the other floors. The noise didn’t really bother us as apart from the group of people mentioned previously as otherwise it was reasonably quiet during the night.
- A continental breakfast is included free in the price but there is no dining room. People just mill around a small area eating their bagels and croissants with philly cheese or they take it back to their room. This is what we did, and as we were right next to the breakfast bar this was quite convenient for us. The continental breakfast included coffee, tea, orange juice, bagels, cream cheese, butter and croissants.
- There are urns with hot water, tea, decaf coffee and regular coffee available 24 hours a day in the breakfast bar area and up a few stairs there is a soda machine if you want coke etc.
- The room is spacious and has 2 very comfortable queen sized beds, with 4 pillows on each.
- Our wall has a mural of Gene Kelly from Singing in the Room in keeping with the Hollywood theme.
- There is a small table and a couple of chairs which are handy for working on the laptop.
- We also chose the room with the kitchen which has a microwave, gas oven, large sink and all the utensils for cooking and eating. The stove unfortunately didn’t have a rack to place food on to cook, so we resorted to only using the microwave.
- The bathroom has a shower over the bath, which took some time to figure out how to work, but then a lot of hotel showers can be confusing to work out.
- There is a walk in robe and an extra wash basin separate from the one in the bathroom. This one has the hair dryer. Check out the star lighting around the mirror.
Unfortunately there is no safe in the room, however you can leave valuables at the reception desk.
We don’t have a view from our room as we are on the first floor. There is a pathway between the buildings, and it runs right past our room, however, we feel secure as there are bars on the window.
The hotel is situated in a really convenient position, just around the corner from Hollywood boulevard where you can find the Kodak Theatre, Hollywood and Highland Centre, Ripley’s Believe it or Not, The Wax Museum, Grumann’s Chinese Theatre and also find tour buses to go out and see the stars homes.
We would definitely stay here again. For a 2 star hotel it is in excellent condition and kept spotlessley clean. It is great value for money.
Our Rating of the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel:
- Checking in and out 5/5
- Room 4/5
- Position 4.5/5
- Price 4/5
- Cleanliness 5/5
Booking this hotel is easy through: Expedia.com
Note: This post was first published in Feb 2008 and I am just re-posting the older posts as the site was hacked and I lost all the content.