In October this year I was in Maleny to attend the wedding of my adorable grandson Stephen to his beautiful partner Ella. After spending the morning at the Secrets of the Lake Resort, Rowena, Jess and myself headed back to our hotel in Montville to get ready for the wedding ceremony.
The ceremony was due to start at 3pm and we had been told to arrive around 2pm. As we were looking forward to catching up with friends and family we headed off early to the venue. There was a flurry of activity going on, everyone was getting ready and having their make-up and hair done.
Once all the primping was done, it was time to head down to where the ceremony was to take place. Unfortunately, the rain set in and so the ceremony had to be moved inside, where it took place on the verandah with the lake in the background. The hosts made sure everyone was comfortable and the guests were treated to a glass of fragrant iced tea as they stood around chatting with old friends and meeting new friends. This time gave me the opportunity to take photos of the gathering.
Photos of the Event
- I was very pleased to get this photo of my daughter in law, Stacy and her mother Colleen. Both are camera shy so it was a big plus to capture this lovely photo of the two of them.
- A rare photo of all the 5 brothers together.
- My grandson Robert and his partner Bree. Robert took great care of me on the day, making sure everything I had everything I needed.
- Waiting for the big moment. Unfortunately I had left my iPad back at the hotel, so only had my iPhone to take photos with. So they aren’t as clear as I would have liked.
- The groom and his 3 boys.The Mother of the Groom looks on proudly from the distance. The boys were so well behaved and they looked a treat in their wedding attire.
- Someone was getting a little tired and overwhelmed by all the excitement.
- Connor took his duty of looking after the little ones, very seriously. He kept them entertained and made sure they stayed clean until the ceremony got under way.
- The time was fast approaching and we were all ushered inside. I was sitting in the front row with Jurgon and Stacy.
- The bridesmaids arrived and took up their position.
- Unfortunately looking out into the light didn’t make for taking good photos.
- And then the Bride arrived, on her father’s arm. She looked absolutely beautiful, the gown was stunning and elegant. It suited Ella’s slight frame, just perfectly.
- The dress was designed by Aussie designer Jane Hill, and it was just gorgeous.
- By this time I had a couple of tears starting, so I looked to Stacy thinking she would be a strong inspiration, wrong. She was having an emotional moment as well.
- But that’s the thing about weddings, we all cry tears of happiness and it’s okay to do.
- The Celebrant, Dan Ford, was one of the best I have witnessed. Dan was funny, entertaining and relevant. He had certainly done his homework with the couple and shared their anecdotes with flair.
- And he kept everyone in line by making sure the photographer had clear shots of the bridal party.
- Once the ceremony was over and the bride and groom had said their vows and exchanged rings. It was time to head outside for photos.
- As the photographer arranged each group, the hosts of Secrets on the Lake, opened the bar and brought around large trays of hors d’oeuvres.
- It’s moments like these that I realise just how darn short I am, and I was wearing heels.
- And this has to be my favourite photo of the day.
Once all the photos have been taken we head of up the hill to the restaurant.
- Music for the evening was provided by Brett Whitmore of Bitmore Music. He sang a great range of songs and was totally entertaining.
- I just loved the laser cut wooden, name tags at our allocated seats.
- Like everything else today, the wedding cake looked awesome. and it tasted a treat.
The Secrets on the Lake Menu
- Confit of Duck with Caramalised Perar and Walnut Terrine, Watercress, Fennel and Blue Cheese Salad
- Tuna Carpaccio with Capers, Pink Grapefruit, Preserved Lemon and Fresh Dill
- Pan seared Atlantic Salmon, Herb Crushed Kipfler Potatoes, Broad Beans, Roasted Garlic and Tomato Chutney
- BBQ Lamb Cutlets with Truffle Mash, Pea and Mint Puree, Balsamic Reduction
- Wedding Cake by SweetP Cakes in Noosa, Queensland.
- The top layer of the cake was Chocolate Mud Cake and the bottom layer was Orange Almond Cake.
- It really was delicious.
- The guests danced until late in the evening. I took the opportunity to make sure I got in one dance, even if it was the last one.
- I got to drive Jes’s brand new Golf VW car home, and that was the perfect finish to a perfect day.